Are you thinking you would like to buy a used Kindle?
Are you also worried you might end up with a device that’s in poor condition or one that will not work like its supposed to?
These are very legitimate concerns if you are contemplating on buying a used ereader. Nowadays with so many Kindle versions out in the market and people upgrading to the latest versions released, its much easier to actually buy a used ereader at a fair price. While It is in fact true that you can save a ton of money on the used market, you also have to be careful. Thus why it is very important that you do some diligent research before you decide to purchase just any used Kindle.
If you’ve already bought a Kindle, then have a look at the following:
The Amazon Kindle has really evolved ever since the release of the first device. Some people who bought the very first versions have already upgraded to the latest versions and listed their used ereaders for sale. This is great news if you’re looking for a good ereader but do not want to pay the full price.
The good news is, there are plenty of fully working used Kindles available for sale on the market today, many of them are in top condition.
The most important thing to do when buying a used ereader is to avoid second markets such as Craigslist, US Free Ads, Kijiji and other
classified websites for used goods resellers ( Unless you want to get fooled or scammed, I would advise that you avoid these online marketplaces at all costs!).
There’s an interesting post on the horrors of buying a used Kindle in popular online marketplaces below:
- Why You should NEVER buy a used Kindle off Craigslist (you’ve been warned)
Buying a used ereader from just anyone can hinder your 3G access. For more information on 3G coverage and Terms and conditions Here
If you are a person who doesn’t feel the need to always compete with the Joneses in getting the latest version of the latest gadget, then buying a used Kindle is a great option, especially if you also want to save some money.
The following is some of the information you’ll need and a few tips on what to avoid and look for when buying a used/refurbished ereader device as well as the best places to buy a used/refurbished Kindle:
What to look for in a used ereader:
If you are looking for a used Kindle, you will first need to know exactly what you are looking for in terms of the type and version you want. Below are a few things you should consider before making a decision to buy:
- Even though its a used Kindle you want to buy, do you want it to come well packaged in its original box?
- Be clear on the return policy- its important that you don’t just get seduced by the price of a used ereader, make hasty purchases and then end up with a device that doesn’t work properly! You want to be clear on the refund terms and conditions before you buy.
- Make sure you ask all the questions and watch how the seller answers your inquiries, is it in a polite and timely manner?
- Ask why the owner is selling, how long they have owned it, how much it was used and why they are selling it.
- Remember this very important statement: If its too good to be true, it usually is!
- Make sure that the owner doesn’t cheat you on shipping fees. Some sellers may mark down their prices and then they try to make a killing by charging very high and UNREASONABLE shipping costs.
- Only buy from reputable sellers, do a Google search and you might be surprised what you can find!
- Look for feedback in the seller’s store. If you see a ton of negative reviews, its best to just steer clear in order to minimize your risks.
So have you ever bought a Used Kindle? If so, what was your experience (was it good or bad)? If you are wondering about buying a used ereader, what kinds of questions do you have?